Your Case Of Medical Malpractice In Caring Hands
Medical professionals make mistakes. It is a simple fact of life. Even when we would like to believe that the people we trust are infallible, the reality could not be further from that ideal. Physicians, nurses, lab technicians, first responders and other hospital personnel are faced with the same stresses and personal problems as everyone else in the world. The only difference is that when they become distracted and commit errors on the job, lives are at stake.
If you or a loved one has been a recent victim of medical malpractice, call Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law, without delay. Medical malpractice matters are among the most challenging, expensive and time-consuming cases to prove. Therefore, we need to speak with witnesses and collect evidence on your behalf as promptly as possible.
Everyone expects to be diagnosed appropriately when they visit their doctor. We want to know what is ailing us and how soon we can return to our normal routine. But when we are treated by tired medical personnel that are prone to make mistakes, the consequences are often dire.
The most crucial factor for anyone who believes that they may have a case against a medical practitioner is whether the administered level of care fell short of the expected standard for that circumstance. Common medical and surgical procedures may lead to injuries in individuals of all ages, and even birth trauma.
The lawyers at Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law, have more than 60 years of combined experience serving the citizens of Alexander County. We are passionate and zealous advocates for our clients. If you have lost a loved one because of the negligence of a medical professional, please contact us today. If you are unsure whether your situation is grounds to sue a health care professional, we can discuss your concerns and find a way to address them.
Malpractice Torts May Be Caused By Many Types Of Errors
Unfortunately, certain types of malpractice are common and lead to injuries, such as the following:
- Mistakes administering anesthesia: Anesthesiologists have an enormous responsibility. They must ensure to administer proper quantities of anesthetic drugs and carefully monitor patients while they are sedated. Anesthesiologists must competently review a patient’s medical history to avoid complications and note any allergies a patient may have to certain medications. They must also inform patients about the need to adhere to pre-op requirements.
- Medication mistakes: These types of errors can come in many forms. A physician may prescribe the wrong dose or the wrong type of medication, both of which can result in fatal consequences. Pharmacists may also mistakenly dispense the wrong prescription or at an incorrect dosage.
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis: The ability to receive proper treatment begins with an accurate and timely diagnosis. A patient’s condition is likely to worsen if a health professional misses something or the required treatment is delayed. In addition, the wrong diagnosis will almost assuredly result in the administration of unnecessary medication.
- Surgical mistakes: A few of the most common and most egregious examples of surgical mistakes are operating on the wrong body part or the wrong patient, and leaving surgical tools and equipment inside a patient. As implausible as these errors may sound, they actually do occur with alarming frequency throughout North Carolina. Patients expect to receive proper care in a hospital after surgery, and any recovery room mistakes can also give rise to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Infections: Any time a patient is treated with improperly sterilized equipment, the risk of infection is enormous. Any infection can either exacerbate a preexisting condition or cause a new medical condition. In either situation, the risks can be life-threatening.
When you call our Taylorsville office, we will be happy to listen to the facts surrounding the injury that you or your loved one sustained and offer an honest assessment. If your consultation does nothing more than provide some peace of mind after whatever traumatic incident you endured, then that would provide great satisfaction to our entire firm.
Not all mistakes meet the burden of malpractice. However, rest assured that if your set of circumstances qualifies as negligence of the medical practitioner who treated or diagnosed you, the attorneys at Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law, will fight tenaciously for every dollar you or your family are owed.
Choosing the right law firm to properly represent you in a medical malpractice case is critical. There is no doubt the hospital or medical office that breached your trust will put up a valiant fight to prevent an adverse decision in court. Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law, possesses the resources, dedication, expertise and zealousness to ensure your rights are protected. We will stop at nothing to ensure you are made whole once again.
Your Matter May Qualify For Medical Malpractice
Call 828-600-7462 today to address your concerns in a free consultation in our Taylorsville office. You can also leave your contact information in our online contact form.